So, you just bought a new wireless HP printer and switched it on in excitement. As you give the print command but nothing happens. This unfortunate situation has been disturbing the mental peace of several people using HP printers. Some people need to print something urgently and this error can cause severe irritation and seek help from the web by typing “How to get an HP printer back online?”. However, making some checks and following some steps can help you in solving this problem:
Making Some Physical Checks
Sometimes this error is caused due to some loose cables and improperly connected devices. For that, you can check if both ends of the USB cable are connected well or not. If you’re using a wireless printer, make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly. If the printer is wired, you can insert the end of the printer cable in other ports or sockets. If all of the cables are connected well and you don’t find any issue there, the cause of the problem can be the network connection.
Using The Manual Method
Another method on how to get an HP printer back online is setting the printer to “Online” manually. Open the Control Panel and from there select Devices and Printers. You’ll find your printer there, right-click on it and choose the option “See what’s printing”. You’ll see a menu bar and right on the top of it, you’ll find “Printer”. In the drop-down menu, select “Use Printer Online”.
Removing All Pending Print Jobs
Open the “See what’s printing” by following the steps mentioned in the previous step. Right-click on it again and click “Cancel” for any pending print jobs. Once the print jobs get removed, select “Use Printer Online” again. If the problem stays the same, restart your printer and your PC too.
Removing The Printer And Installing It Again
Open the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel and select “Remove device” to remove the printer. Once you do that, add the same printer again by choosing the “Add a Printer” option. You can also reinstall the printer’s driver to show it back online. To reinstall the printer driver, you have to visit the official website of HP and download the driver from there.
If you still can’t figure out the solution on how to get an HP printer online, you must consult a professional. We at “Printer IT Support” offer permanent solutions for all types of printer problems. If you need help in setting up your new printer, can’t find the WPS pin, can’t connect your printer to a network, can’t get it back online, or are dealing with any other issue, contact us.
Our team of experts is adept to provide you cost-effective and time-saving solutions. We provide solutions and support options for both Windows and Mac and offer guidance for any query related to printers. Get in touch right now.
- WPS Pin on HP PrinterConnecting Your HP Printer with the Help of WPS Pin Have you ever come across the phrase “Enter WPS Pin for HP Printer” or have no idea about it, you must know that it is…
- When Printer Says Offline“Printer Offline” What Does It Mean And What Causes This? While working, you suddenly receive an unknown error that says your HP printer is offline. It is a common error that most HP printer users…
- How to Connect Mac to HP Printer?Intricacies involved in the procedure to connect an HP printer to Mac aren’t many. They are quite a few, but pretty complex to deal with. Coping up with the printer and Mac connection issues can…
- HP Printer Assistant Scan to ComputerHP printers are capable of performing variety of things and one of them is scanning copies and faxes. There are HP Officejet multifunctional products that allow users to make copies and scan documents. With these,…
- My HP Printer Say OfflineWhy Does My HP Printer Say Offline? Today’s printers are more technology-packed than ever, but that doesn’t mean they’re immune to bugs that may cause them to crash. If you’ve been repeatedly coming across the…