Digital technologies have given importance to rise to a paperless office. But we still need printed documents sometimes. In case you are late for a movie or running to catch a flight, having a printed ticket is always better as you never know when the technology will let you down.
Well, any form of official work demands reading since a printed document is easier to understand and follow. With the pandemic, even though people were working from home and students were attending school from home, printing always held precedence. Especially with the HP DeskJet printer offline, life has become easier and more convenient as you can get a print at any time and from anywhere.
How to Connect HP Deskjet Printer to WIFI?
Wireless printers benefit people as they can print documents from their mobile phones or other devices. These devices are pretty small, affordable, and easy to set up.
Also, there are no messed-up cables for the printers. They can be directly plugged into your laptop or PC using a USB cable or in the WIFI router.
However, wireless HP printers are reliable, and the built-in WIFI makes them easy to print.
So, if you wonder how to connect your HP DeskJet offline printer to WIFI, here are the 4 most effective ways given to do so. Have a look!
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
HP Auto Wireless Connect technology lets you connect HP DeskJet to WIFI without the trouble of intermingled cable wires or wireless network settings like the network name and password. This facility will be installed during the HP printer installation.
All computers are not compatible with HP Auto Wireless connect. For this option, the software for the printer has to be installed.
- On the HP Support Page, a software download is available where the printer model has to be installed. The driver is downloaded as per the Operating system, and later the given on-screen instructions have to be followed to install it into your computer.
- On the printer and run the software.
- When prompted for network connection type, select Wireless and click Yes to send the settings to the recommended printer.
- Once the printer connects, click finish, and it is ready to use.
- Wireless Setup Wizard
This setup can be run through your HP printer’s control panel and works only on printers with graphics displays like HP Deskjet 2600.
- So, first, you have to remember your network name and HP DeskJet 2600 WIFI password.
- Then, unplug the ethernet cables from the printer.
- The printer control panel displays the wireless icon or the network menu that needs to be selected.
- On the wireless settings, click on the wireless setup wizard.
- WIFI-Protected Setup (WPS Connect)
There are 2 modes to connect devices over a wireless network in WPS. One is the push-button, and the other is the PIN. Let us see how a push-button works in HP DeskJet 2622.
- With the push button, you can let HP DeskJet 2622 connect to WIFI with a simple click.
- Select the WPS button on the printer.
- In the absence of the physical push button on the printer, select the control panel to start the push-button mode. On the wireless menu, select the wifi-protected setup and complete the setup as per instructions.
- The router WPS button has to be pressed.
- You get the pin from the printer or the WIFI-protected setup.
- Connect Printer without a Router
If you are using HP DeskJet 2622 offline, you do not need an internet connection to print your document.
WIFI Direct and HP Wireless Direct lets you print documents from your phones, tabs, or laptops. Both the options allow users to connect to the printers. However, you need to ensure that the printer’s WIFI is connected to the device.
WIFI Direct lets the device have an internet connection simultaneously but cannot access the network through HP Wireless Direct.
However, to connect to HP Wireless Direct or WIFI Direct, you have to execute the following steps.
- Select HP Wireless Direct from the control panel of the printer. Click on the HP Wireless Direct icon and WIFI Direct for the connection to work.
- Maintain a connection for HP Wireless Direct or WIFI Direct.
- WPA2 password has to be provided if using WIFI Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Open a document on the device to print.
If your HP DeskJet 2600 is not connecting to WIFI or has printing issues, you have to update your printer driver. Since the driver maintains the connection between the device and the printer, you will be unable to print if they get corrupt or it’s an outdated printer.