Intricacies involved in the procedure to connect an HP printer to Mac aren’t many. They are quite a few, but pretty complex to deal with. Coping up with the printer and Mac connection issues can sometimes be difficult, especially when you’re a novice printer or Mac user. But once you get the hang of it, things start to seem extremely easy.
There are certain steps, which need to be followed carefully when you try to connect your Mac to the printer, so without further talking, let’s straight away jump into these steps.
Connecting Your HP Printer Using USB Cable
Let’s have a look at how you can connect your HP printer to Mac using a USB cable.
- Click on your Mac’s Apple icon to update the software. It has to be done to ensure you’ve not missed out on any printer update.
- Now switch your HP printer on using the power button.
- Now try to connect your HP printer to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Now you need to click on the “System Preference” by clicking again on Apple’s icon.
- After that, go to “Printer & Scan”.
- Once that’s done, head to the “plus” icon and enter the name of your administrator along with your password.
Now you’ll come across a list of the printers from which you need to choose the printer you want to add. So choose from printers available nearby and you’re all set.
That being said, let’s jump into the steps of how you can begin with the process of HP printer connection to Mac.
Connecting Your HP Printer to Mac Wirelessly
Before beginning with the process, make sure both your Mac and HP printer are connected to the same network. Apart from that, make sure you’ve downloaded the appropriate printer driver. If not, head to 123.hp.com right now and choose the right drivers for your HP printer model.
- Turn your printer on and put in your SSID and password in order to finish the setup.
- Go to “System Preferences” in the menu of Apple and select “Print & Scan”.
- After that, you’ll come across a list of printers available nearby.
- From the list, you will be able to see the name of your printer as well. (Make sure the printer is switched on).
And there you have it. Follow each step with a close eye, you’ll finally be able to connect the HP printer to Mac with ease. Hope this guide helps you out. In case you’re stuck with it and nothing has worked out for you, feel at ease while reaching us out.
We at “Printer IT Support” are one of the leading Printer Support companies out there helping you deal with your printer’s issues in no time. Letting you evade those annoying intricacies, our technicians provide permanent solutions so you never have to get stuck in these time-consuming problems again. Not only the setup, but our firm also provides a wide range of services whether you’ve got Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or any kind of printer.