Fix HP Printer Offline Windows 10
Does your print say ‘offline’ when you switch it on? The issue is faced with many connected printers, and you can fix hp printer offline windows 10 quickly by following a few simple steps. You can learn how to fix that problem yourself and manually change the status of your printer from ‘offline’ to ‘online’.
You first need to understand what the meaning of hp printer offline is. It simply means that the printer is unable to communicate with the device it is connected with. It won’t be able to process any new printing request, and it is a wiser choice not to send any further printing requests to your printer and fix the problem.
There should not be any pending printing requests in your printer, and you need to cancel any printing queue that might be there until you get the hp printer offline to online. There might be several types of issues with your printer, which would be addressed in the instructions below, and you don’t need to follow all of them if you get your printer online.
Set up the default printer
You need to click on the settings and go to printers and devices under the devices section. You need to select your printer for the devices shown, right-click on it, and select ‘Set as default printer’.
Now, try printing again, and if the problem persists, then move on to the next step.
Checking the printer port
The next step involves checking if your printer uses a WSD port. To confirm this, you need to search windows for ‘Control panel’ and then click ‘view devices and printers’. Right-click on your printer and select printer properties. You need to click on the ports and check if your printers use a WSD port. (Follow the steps below in case your printer uses WSP port and skip them in case it doesn’t)
- Search in windows for services and then look for function discovery provider host along with function discovery resource publication.
- You then need to check the status and startup type column.
- Go to the next step if the startup type is automatic and they are running.
- If the startup type is manual, and they show up blank, you need to change the startup type to automatic.
- You need to click on Start under the services section and then hit ok.
- The next step involves going back to the Device and Printers window and pressing F5.
- The last step is to click your printer name and check the status.
How to fix HP Deskjet printer showing offline in windows 10?
If the status is ‘online’, then the issue is resolved, and if the Deskjet 2600 or Deskjet 2622 printer showing offline on windows 10, you might need to do something else. Please take outside help in this case as there might be a technical glitch that a professional might solve quickly and with expertise. With that being said, it was pretty much all you needed to know about hp printer showing offline for windows 10.
Why You Should Rely On Us?
- Unrivaled Customers Support
- Cost-Effective HP Printer Support
- Time-Efficient Printer IT Support
- Proper Diagnoses for HP Printers
- Easy & Instant Print Solutions
- Get assistance from Industry’s Top Experts
SUPPORT AVAILABLE 24/7
In need of urgent support for 123 Hp install, setup, driver download, or any kind of problem with HP printer? Enlist our support right now.